At Cracker we have a strong opinion on what a web community should be.
It's a place where users decide the content, not us.
Cracker's aim is simple: to give local communities a free voice. We a offer free
classified ads on a town-to-town basis. We don't have online auctions or a global-domination agenda. We simply want to connect (and entertain) local Australians, in local suburbs, in local cities.
Of course, we can't allow illegal or unethical behaviour (and we'll delete such content if we find it) - but ultimately, this site's content is up to you. We don't censor content unless the Cracker community specifically votes for it (and in large numbers). Go ahead, try your best to shock us. Strong language? Pffft. Unless other Cracker users request it, you won't get banned. Yes. Really.
The best thing is, almost all of our services are entirely free.
Here's exactly what we're here for:
We give you
We DON'T give you
- Free classified ads - including dating, real estate, cars, community events, etc. You name it, we cover it! We also have some paid advertising categories (eg, jobs) to help pay our operating costs.
- A good time. We're not into boring classifieds ads so we encourage you to be imaginative. You've got nothing to lose by placing a crazily-worded ad - it's free and you can stay completely anonymous.
What do we believe in?
- Online auctions
- Censorship of content, unless the community requests it (or its against our terms and conditions)
- Hidden after-sale fees or commissions
- A fast and simple site - we doubt you'll find Cracker slow or hard-to-use.
- Fresh, up-to-date content - old content bad, new content good.
- Democracy - you guys decide what's fair game on this site
- A free voice for everyone - so use it
- Respect, trust (and possibly even intimacy?) for your fellow Cracker members
- Consistent, down-to-earth values
OK, now get to it. It's up to you to make this a great site.
After all, it's your web community, not ours.
- Cracker Admin